Monday, August 2, 2010

Curiouser and curiouser.....

What is it with curiosity and the need to know?

Where is the fine line that separates curiosity (harmless) from gossip (malicious)?

If someone wants to know something, why don’t they just ask?

Why do some people feel that I should bare my soul and private life across the wasteland of other peoples boring and barren lives?

Why don’t some people get the meaning of the word private and leave it at that?

I really don’t feel the need to explain every action and thought I have to those I really do not know very well.

My friends will tell you I’m an open book. There’s not too much I don’t discuss but my friends will also say that what I discuss is mine and if others want information they need to talk to me.

How hard is that?

1 comment:

  1. OK my first go at attempting a comment post!
    They say curiosity killed the cat, but I think that is promulgated by cat haters! Curiosity is one of those human gifts without which we would still be hunting mammoths. Gossip on the other hand can be harmless or malicious. A good rule is the one you espouse-don't pass on personal private stuff about a friend to someone else. If that someone wants to know they can ask directly -to the person concerned.

    ReplyDelete